Friday, July 10, 2015

On the Needles - 7/10/15

The baby cardigan has grown quite a bit this week. I have one more inch to knit before the cabled hem. I'm hoping to have the body finished by this time next week.



Camp Loopy Project 3 requirements were released earlier this week.  I ordered Madelinetosh Vintage in Antique Lace and Black Walnut to knit Gideon (Ravelry link).

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

Friday, July 3, 2015

On the Needles - 7/3/15

Now that it's July, I cast on for my Camp Loopy Project #2. I am making a baby cardigan for my nephew's baby. I'm using Universal Bamboo Pop (in Grape) for the first time and love it. The only thing I don't like is that I have to use Size 3 needles to get gauge. Thanks to a 3.5 hour drive yesterday, I made quite a bit of progress.



I did not take a new picture of Merewether, but it's currently 15.5 inches long, so I have about an inch to go before dividing for the front and back. Once I finish my Camp project I will get back to this.

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

Friday, June 26, 2015

On the Needles - 6/26/15

The Merewether tube topvest has grown to 12 inches long. I have about 3 repeats to go before dividing for the back and front. I'm hoping to get the 3 repeats completed before the end of the month.


July 1 we can start our second project for Camp Loopy. I bought Universal Bamboo Pop in Grape to make a baby cardigan. This is my first time knitting with this yarn. When I knit the swatch, the yarn felt nice so we'll see how it knits up.

Also July 1 marks the beginning of Q3 for the ESK yarnathon which means new badges and new power boosts. I have a feeling July is going to be very busy!

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

Friday, June 19, 2015

On the Needles - 6/19/15

Merewether has grown to 8-1/2 inches. It currently looks more like a tube top than a sweater vest. I decided not to do any waist shaping, so I will keep knitting until I am ready for the arm shaping.


Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

Friday, June 12, 2015

On the Needles - 6/12/15

Sorry I've been MIA, not much computer time lately between work, walking for hubby's work challenge, and trying to knit all the projects.

After finishing the baby blanket, I cast on for the ESK's No Sleeves KAL. The pattern is Merewether and it's knit bottom-up. I cast on not once, not twice, but THREE times.  The first time I thought the fabric was too loose so I change the needle size and went up one pattern size. The second time I was rolling along and then I saw this.


I twisted my cast on! Two hours of work down the drain. I ripped it out and cast on for the third time. I managed to twist it AGAIN, but I caught it right away and fixed it. So now I've finished the ribbing and have knit 1.5 repeats of the "pod stitch".


In between, I cast on and finished my first project for Camp Loopy. I can't get a good picture of the colors from this yarn (Meadowcroft Rockshelter in Four-Twenty), but trust me, they are gorgeous! It makes me think what a sunset would look like in the Serengeti. The pattern is Copilot and it was so quick and easy. I can definitely see knitting this pattern again since it's perfect for variegated yarn. In the picture, the cowl is doubled up. It's long enough to wrap around my neck twice.


Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Baby Blanket Finished

The baby blanket is complete! It measures 40 x 40. Each stripe is 8 rows and equals 1 inch. I'm sure glad that I wove in ends as I went along!


Yarn used was Cascade 200 Superwash in the following colorways: Picante (orange), Turtle (green), Chocolate (brown), and Doeskin Heather (cream).

Hope the baby and parents like it.

Friday, May 22, 2015

On the Needles - 5/22/15

I finished the brown stripe from the same repeat I was knitting last week. With my limited knitting time on workdays now and the fact that I was starting to get bored with it, I decided that was enough. Each row was taking over an hour to knit. So I grabbed the orange and knit an 8 row garter stitch border. Last night I started binding off and have three more sides to bind off. There are 688 stitches to bind off, but it will be finished this weekend.


Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.