Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weather & Heritage Progress

We're being teased with spring like weather today. It's 43 degrees, the snow is melting, and if it weren't for the wind, we could be running around outside with just a sweatshirt/sweater! The forecast for the rest of the week is high 30s to low 40s. I know it won't last, we're sure to get snow at least once or twice more, but I'm sure enjoying it while it's here. I even took my grooming table and blower outside so I could blow Sonny (the constant shedder) out.

I haven't really done much quilting the last couple of days. I had some family issues to deal with, but today I cut the sashing fabric for Heritage. I just need to cut the sashing rows and triangles for the ends of the sashing rows and then I can start sewing it together. While I was cutting today I realized that I hadn't counted any of this fabric as "busted" yet because last year I only counted fabric as busted when the top was completed. This year I'm counting it as it is cut so I don't have to wait so long before having a "bust". So when I get that last bit cut, I'll have a nice chunk to post as busted. Thanks Vicky & Helen for getting me motivated to work on this again.

Last night I finished the Twilight book and went directly to reading the next book in the series, New Moon. I still need to buy the last two books.

We're staying home the rest of the day and tonight we'll watch the Budweiser Shootout. Next week hubby will watch the Daytona stuff. That's really the only NASCAR race we watch.

Tomorrow we're heading to Illinois for a fish swap meet. Hubby wants to buy some bristle-nose plecostomus' and maybe something else depending on what we see there. At least the weather should be nice!

Gratitudes:

  1. Warm weather and snow melting
  2. Washing my truck without worrying about the doors freezing
  3. Time to sew
  4. Making huge hamburgers for lunch
  5. Selling angelfish last night
  6. Girls and boys winning their basketball games last night

No comments: