Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week #10 Stash Report

My numbers took a hit this week, although I had fun and love my new fabrics. I ordered some cream background for Washington Medallion because I want to use the same fabric throughout and I didn't have enough in my stash. I also found two other fabrics. One that will work for a backing or border on a red, black, and white top I'm going to work on in the near future and a blue fabric that I'll use on future QOV blocks. I made myself checkout after those 3 fabrics because I could have easily added more to my cart. That was 13 yards and my monthly FQ bundle came from Fat Quarter Shop so that is another 3 yards. My total yardage in was 16 yards. Man it adds up fast.

Luckily I made some progress yesterday in the sewing room to offset some of the added fabric. I made all of the bear paws for the Quilt-Along, also cut up several FQs for a project I'm starting using the Sweet Sixteen pattern by Judy Reynolds. I am using the Recipe for Friendship monthly FQ bundle from last year. I am also going to use the Baskets of Flowers FQ bundle I just got since they coordinate with Recipe for Friendship. I'm not a real big fan of Mary Englebreit so I'll use them all up in this top. ;0) I also started on Washington Medallion and I'm going to count all 6 yards of the background fabric now. So my used total is 8 yards.

My numbers to date:
  • Fabric Added: 16 yards
  • Fabric Added to Date: 43 yards
  • Fabric Used: 8 yards
  • Fabric Used to Date: 61.75 yards
  • Net Used: 18.75 yards

I'm really excited to see that I'm over 50 yards used already and it's only March. I'm a little disappointed about the amount added but there really hasn't been anything that has been "just because" until this week and actually I do have something in mind for them. Everything has been bought for a specific project.

My goal for this coming week is:

  • finish bear paw blocks today
  • finish quilting 30s Pinwheel star
  • continue working on the feathered star for Washington Medallion
  • continue cutting FQs for Recipe for Friendship Flower Baskets

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Even with your purchases, your numbers are still great! Those were all purposed purchases, so that's a good thing!