Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some Quilty Progress

I'm a little behind (and feel like I'm getting more behind every day). I finished the Baby Here top on Sunday, but am first getting around to posting a picture now. It has been added to the growing pile of tops that need to be quilted. Then I grabbed the closest kit and started cutting. So now I'm working on Deck the Halls which is from the Frosted Memories book by Sherri K. Falls of This & That.

Earlier this week I had my first (of two) pre-diabetes class. A lot of the information we went over I had gotten from my friend and/or some diabetes magazines that she loaned me. But I did realize that my portion sizes are still too big with some items. I have to do a food journal now until our next class. There's still a lot to learn and it'll take time, but we'll get there. Sunday I made scalloped potatoes and ham which turned out really good. Tonight I made spinach and artichoke dip. It turned out good, but I should have chopped the spinach finer.

Otherwise working, exercising and sleeping. Nothing too exciting.

This weekend hubby is doing a half marathon (his first) so we're looking forward to that. We might also go check out the fair, depending on the weather. Monday I have laser surgery on my left eye to "weld" some retinal holes. I'm nervous but would rather do this now than take the chance of getting a detached retina which would be BAD news.

That's all for now!



No comments: