Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week #43 Stash Report

The Devil made me do it! No, that will never work. I was hoardinggathering fabric because I believe we're in for a long, cold winter. Oh heck, who am I kidding. I went to the quilt shop that closed today and bought 30 yards of fabric. There I said it. I feel no remorse or guilt, I had a GREAT time and most of the fabric is for a project. Plus, how could I pass up $4/yd?!?!? On a positive note, it took 43 weeks before my net usage was a positive number. I also heard that there were some other stashbusters who had S.E.X. (get your mind out of the gutter...it stands for Stash Enhancing eXperience) this week. I couldn't let them have all the fun, could I?

Left pile, front brown fabric is for the Gobble Gobble backing, the next two browns are batiks for two new patterns I bought, and the R/W/B squares will probably be backing for a future QOV. The red, pink and stripes are to go along with some FQ bundles that I have. The green floral is for Winter White Schnibbles pattern that I'm going to make with Shangri-la fabric and the other fabrics are "just because".


I did use some stash again this week to help my numbers a little. I made the backing for Nature's Chorus which was 3.25 yards and cut another 3 yards for the log cabin blocks. I have two more fabrics to cut for the log cabin blocks, plus the stripe for the border.

Here are my numbers to date:
  • Fabric Added: +30 yards
  • Fabric Added to Date: +149.50 yards
  • Fabric Used: -6.25 yards
  • Fabric Used to Date (goal 150): -141.00 yards
  • Net Used: -8.50 yards

Goals this Week:

  • Continue working on He Loves My Daisies
  • Finish loading Natures Chorus onto quilting frame

7 comments:

KatieQ said...

How could you resist $4 a yard? I can perfectly understand. I can never find good brown fabrics

Erin said...

It really does seem like this was a week for buying! We all did it. :)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

$4/yard! no way~no how could you pass that up! and you have such wonderful fabric to brighten the stash!

ps...I brought this week, too :)

Kathy said...

I don't blame you for adding to your stash this week. At $4 a yard I would have bought and bought as well. Great choices...

Lori said...

Great deal, nice colors too!

Judy Laquidara said...

$4/yard? No telling how much I would have bought in that store! One thing for sure, we shouldn't freeze this winter with all this fabric to keep us warm! :)

Lori in South Dakota said...

Yes, it was a great week for *SEX*!! I don't think the idea is to USE up all your stash until it's gone, it's to think before you buy!