Friday, July 9, 2010

"Stay"-cation

Hubby had shutdown last week and this week.  I originally was going to take vacation just week but it was slow at work last week and ended up starting vacation last Wednesday instead.  We didn't have anything in particular planned b/c we have a couple getaway vacations later this year.  We didn't end up staying home the entire time though.  We went to our first Timber Rattlers (a minor league team for the Brewers) game.  Doug Davis "Double D" from the Brewers was doing a rehab assignment and he was the starting pitcher.


Before the game, Jeremy Jeffress was signing autographs.  He's one of the Brewer's top prospect pitchers in the minor leagues.  A day or so after the game, he was called up to Class A Brevard County. 


Fang, the team's mascot.


On Thursday, we went to the N.E.W. Zoo near Green Bay.



We also had a 4th of July party with the neighbors, went to the Milwaukee Public Museum and Brewers game, and did lots of work around the house.  Since we were so busy, I didn't get any knitting in but I did do a little bit of sewing.  This afternoon I finally got the pieced border on the Memorial Day QOV top....only two more borders to go!


Tomorrow we are watching our nephew for a couple hours and going to a family reunion.  Sunday I a plan on resting up to go back to work on Monday.

2 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sounds like a fun stay-cation!

Aren't the minor league games fun? And you are able to meet the players, too! I wanted to go to a Timberwolf game but it is a little far for me. :(. I'll stick with the Ads~although I thought it would be fun to go to Nashville and *see* a few of the Ads play this week!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Sounds like a good time!! Too bad about the no knitting time though! lol