Friday, March 25, 2011

Fitness Friday - 3/25


If you've been following my blog for a while you know that I've been walking to lose weight and reduce my blood sugar.  I've also been "training" to do the 5K run/walk in Green Bay.

I read a book last year where the character had a map and kept track of how far she went on her exercise bike.  I thought it would be fun (and hopefully motivating) to choose a "destination" to walk towards where I can look on a map and visually see my progress (kinda like a little adventure).  Each Friday I'm going to update my progress to show how much closer I've gotten to my destination.  It will likely take the entire year, but I'd like to see if I can do it.

~ Total Miles to Destination:  282.74 miles

~ Miles Walked in 2011:  51.6 miles

~ Miles Left:  231.14 miles

4 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

So share! Where are you off to? :)

Suzanne said...

What a great idea!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sounds cool! Where you going?!

Regina said...

When can I expect you so I know to leave the light on and the door unlocked??? :-)