Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blog Vacation

My poor, poor blog.  I'm sorry I've been away, but I have been in a funk.  I didn't think anyone who reads my blog really wanted to read about it, so I decided to take a little vacation from blogging.
There are a lot of things that have gone on since my little "vacation".  I've gotten several knitting projects done, plus started several more (shawls). 

About two months ago we lost Roxie, one of our goats.  We still had one left, but she was lonely by herself so hubby watched Craigslist and about 3 weeks ago he found an ad from a lady about 4 miles from us who needed to get rid of 3 baby goats (twins born in March and 1 born in April).  We couldn't just pick 1, so now Zoey has 3 companions.

(Piper, Zoey, Leo, & Prue -
yes, I am a fan of the TV show Charmed)

I ran in the Green Bay Cellcom 5K and, despite the miserable weather, beat the goal I had placed for myself.  About a month ago I did my first 10K (6 miles) walk which I finished in 1 hour and 30 minutes.  I also signed up for the 100-mile fitness challenge that runs from July 1 to Sept. 31.  Depending on how hot it is, tomorrow I may do a 5 mile run/walk.

This past week we went up north on vacation with SIL and her family.  They always go water skiing.  For the past 3 years I've just been a spotter, but this year I bit the bullet and decided to give it a try.  The first day I tried about 5 times to get up out of the water, and was close one time.  The second day I got up on the third try but wiped out almost right away.  When I tried again later that day I got up and went about 100 yards.  By the third day I almost made an entire loop.  Practice, practice, practice!

And for those who read my blog because for quilty content, I still haven't gotten back my quilty mojo, but last week a friend dropped off 16 t-shirts for me to make into a t-shirt quilt.....so I will need to get it back soon!

That's the highlight of what's happened while I've been on vacation from blogging.  I'll post some of my finished knitting projects soon.

Hope you have a Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Regina said...

I have been water skiing all of once -loved it sooo much but was soooo sunburned and soooo sore afterwards. Never had the opportunity to go again, but I would!!!

The babies are adorable - sorry you lost Roxie but glad Zoey has new friends!!!

And i admire you for running - I just can't bring myself to do it...

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for some blog lovin! Love the new Charmed crew! And woo hoo for all of your finishes!

I have never been water skiing... or regular skiing. I would probably break my leg. lol

Lori said...

congratulations on the runs (walks?). Your mojo will comes back when its right. Probably during cooler fall weather! Right before we all start those Christmas presents we don't finish!