Monday, October 17, 2011

Aidez KAL - Day 1

Today is the start of the Aidez cardigan KAL (knit-along) that Allyson from The Sweatshop of Love blog is hostessing.

This week's assignment is to knit 6 inches before next Monday.  That's 3 inches of ribbing and then 3 inches of pattern which includes cables (gulp).  The original pattern is knit in pieces, but we're knitting the two front pieces and the back all at one time.

Tonight I cast on and finished the ribbing portion.  Tomorrow I will attempt the pattern/cable portion.  I'm a little unclear about how to do the one cable, but I'm hoping to find a youtube video that will help me visual it.


The yarn is Cascade Yarns Eco Wool in the colorway Latte.

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

You already got 3" of ribbing done??? You totally rock!!! I must be a slow ass knitter! lol

Allyson said...

Yay! Looking awesome so far! What exactly are you needing a video for? Let me know if I can help in any way!