Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MadMay FO#1 - Pomme de Pin

I told you I would be back to post a finished picture of my MadMay project.  Here you go!  The pattern is called Pomme de Pin, which means "Pine Cone" in French.  I ended up finishing it on Friday, but was busy with holiday stuff so I didn't get to post until now.

I'm super excited how it turned out and to have finished this in less than a month!  The pattern was a little more complex than I had originally thought.  The instructions were a bit vague in some areas, leaving you to fudge some things.  This was my first all lace garment and first project that required buttons.  (Please disregard my little glare...hubby was goofing off, and I didn't realize he was taking the picture.)


Now I'm frantically trying to finish a shawl, Color Affection, which I WILL finish tonight...even if I have to stay up until 11:59 pm!  Originally I hadn't planned on trying to finish by the end of the month, but I have a little competitiveness in me, so I decided to go for it.  Once I get Color Affection done, I will cast on project #1 (a scarf) for Camp Loopy.  I should be able to finish this in a couple weeks, so I can knit at a more leisurely pace.  Gee, this knitting is starting to become a full-time job!

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Way to go!! The cardy looks great!! And glad that I don't have a hubby! lol