Friday, November 1, 2013

Yarn Report - Week Ending 11/1/13

I was weak last week and ordered two sweater quantities of yarn. The first order was a result of reading about everyone's yarn purchases at Rhinebeck the previous weekend. Everyone was raving about the cormo yarn they bought, or that they wished they had bought. Of course I had to find out what all the fuss was about, so I ordered 7 skeins.



After seeing Jill's Capra swatch for the Dianthe sweater, I decided I couldn't hold off ordering any longer. I still need to swatch but otherwise I'm ready for our informal Dianthe knit-along in January. 



I also received one skein from the Woolen Rabbit yarn club. Sorry I didn't get a picture of it, but it's grey also. Guess I'm on a grey kick at the moment. 

Used this Week: 0 skein
Used since August: 7 skein

Added this Week: 22 skeins
Added since August: 94 skeins

Net Used since August: -87 skeins (wow, what a sobering number!)

No more yarn buying (planned) this year except for maybe the Eat.Sleep.Knit Black Friday sale.

Visit Judy's blog to see how others are doing.

1 comment:

Judy Laquidara said...

I'm thinking about that knit along. At least you're buying yarn for specific projects. I think that's a good thing!