Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Frog Stitching

If you read my stash report on Sunday, I wrote that I wanted to finish the Heritage top that day. Well, Sunday was one of those "shouldn't work in the sewing room" days. After adding two rows to the top, I realized that I put the wrong setting triangle several rows back. I thought I had better stop. Good thing because when I went in the sewing room yesterday I realized that the block row I sewed on that day had the setting triangles on the wrong ends too. I can only imagine what would have happened had I kept going that day. Ugh. So tonight I did a bunch of frog stitching (rip it, rip it) and now the setting triangles are fixed. I have one more row to sew on and then I can sew the two halves together. I'm so ready for this top to be done!!!

The other night I finished reading New Moon (the 2nd in the Twilight series). I only bought the first two books, figuring I'd buy the last two later on. Well now I can't find the third book, Eclipse. Apparently everyone is on the same reading schedule as me.

Tonight the "white death" (aka snow) is suppose to hit. We're suppose to get 4 to 6 inches with freezing rain in the beginning and winds picking up by the afternoon. I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow that we have several inches already and schools are cancelled so I can stay home. I brought a work laptop home and bunch of work that I can do here so at least I wouldn't have to use PTO time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, you really weren't suppose to pull off my silly mistake. I sympathise with you, I really do...............

We have rain right now, but the snow is on the way.

hugs from Helen