Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 7 Stash Report

This week I've been trying to finish piecing the Heritage top. I'm hoping to finish it today. I'm recording 13 yards this week since I didn't record any fabric used last year until it was a top. This year I'm recording it when it's cut.

My backing order came in this week, two wide backings at 3 yards each. I also visited my LQS and bought a 3/4 yard for a inner border on a future project and a little valentine wallhanging kit. My total yardage in was 8 yards. I almost ordered a FQ bundle online but close the screen before it got that far.

My numbers to date:
  • Fabric Added: 8 yards
  • Fabric Added to Date: 27 yards
  • Fabric Used: 13 yards
  • Fabric Used to Date: 51.25 yards
  • Net Used: 24.25 yards

My goal today is to finish piecing the Heritage top.

3 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

love the doggies - they are so cute. Any reduction is better than no reduction in stash. You'll also have a finished UFO when you get this one done. This challenge is just a wonderful inspiring idea. Love seeing what everyone else is working on.
Eileen C

Lori in South Dakota said...

If you're buying backings are you getting close to MORE finishes? Go Go Go!!!

Mary Johnson said...

I'm changing how I record stash this year too but not when it's cut.

In the past, I only counted fabric when the quilt was completely done, this year I'm counting when the top or backing is pieced. There are still some tops in my *to be quilted* pile that will get counted when they're quilted but I'm keeping a list so I don't count anything twice.

At least you're ahead of the game with 24+ yards used.