Monday, May 25, 2009

How I Spent My Memorial Weekend


My Memorial weekend started Friday afternoon. I went for a 4 mile walk. See, I needed to practice. Hubby decided he's doing a 6 mile run this coming Saturday. He was talking to my SIL and she mentioned she'd like to do it too but couldn't run the entire way.....they both thought I'd want to do it. Me being the sucker I am said OK. I'll mostly be walking but will try to do some slogging (slow jogging as hubby calls it) too. We had races at night....the neighbor has been doing really good so he's been driving.

Since hubby had to work, I went off to a cemetery to take pictures for the county genealogy website. When I got home I worked on transcribing the stones and sending them off to the county coordinator.

Sunday I did some grocery shopping and stopped at another cemetery to take more pictures. After the Indy 500 started, I headed off to walk 6 miles. It took me just over 1 hr and 40 minutes but I did it!!! Last night I watched the Brewers game....ugh, they got swept by the Twins. I also started on the Patchwork Party Star Struck block.

Today we went to the cemetery to put flowers on my grandma and grandpa's grave. Then we watched the beginning of the Brewers game and picked up the in-laws and went to the local Memorial Day celebration. Since we got home I finished the Star Struck block. Only two more blocks to make! I may finish the blocks before the "party" ends!!

All in all it was a good long weekend. I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked but isn't that always how it goes?!?! Tomorrow it's back to work. Thankfully the weekend is only 4 days away!
Hope you had a great Memorial weekend too!

2 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

I absolutely love that block. I need to get back into my sewing room.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Yvette said...

I love those blocks!

I slogged this weekend too. I am trying to get to an 8 min mile. Not sure if I will get there before I have a heart attack though. LOL