Monday, June 29, 2009

Bay Beach/N.E.W. Zoo

Today was another busy day. We walked/ran the bike path in town. Then headed to Green Bay to Bay Beach and the N.E.W. Zoo in Suamico. The temperature was great for going to see wildlife. Almost all of the animals were out and about. It was nice to see they have a new male lion. The last time we went their male lion wasn’t in very good condition and passed away shortly after.

I talked hubby into stopping at the Silver Thimble Quilt Shop since the last time we tried to stop, they were closed. It was smaller than it looked from outside. I ended up not buying anything.

After taking a little break after getting home, we continued priming the porch railings. We’re 9 years a little behind in painting them. We now have 2-1/2 of the 4-1/2 sections primed. I wish we didn’t have to still paint them too.

Tomorrow night we’re tentatively planning on going to the Brewers game. Tomorrow morning we’ll continue working on getting the house ready for the party. I’m not sure if we’ll be going to the Milwaukee zoo and/or the domes before the game. Depending on when we leave, maybe I can talk hubby into stopping at Patched Works.

I forgot, I cut the pieces out for Block #6 of the Apple Cider Medallion BOM. I'll start sewing it together tomorrow morning.

I love vacation. I could get used to this, but I have a long way to go before I can retire.



No comments: