Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!


Wishing everyone a wonderful, safe 4th of July! We're pretty much set for the party tonight. Hubby is finishing up the mowing. I just put the cheesecake in the oven. I found a recipe in my diabetic cookbook so I thought I'd try it out. Being that I'm not that great in the kitchen, I am pretty proud of myself. (Although we still have to taste test it.) Hopefully the rain stays away and the wind stays at a minimum...enough to keep the bugs away but not enough to mess up fireworks.

We finished painting the railings yesterday. It looks MUCH nicer than the weathered wood look. We still have the trim around the garage doors but that can wait for another day. Yesterday afternoon hubby finally got to do some water skiing. It still was a little cool in the morning to go, but then the sun finally broke through the clouds and by the afternoon it was great out. We went out on Lake Winnebago with SIL, BIL and little Zack (2 years old). My BIL took Zack water skiing with him. (I'll have to see if I can get a picture from SIL.) It was Zack's first time and it didn't even phase him. After he got in the boat he said, "I fall down in the water." He is so funny! He knows all the water skiing terms too, like "grab the rope" and "Hit It!" when you're ready to get pulled up. He's so smart and polite for his age.

2 comments:

Bad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your party :)