Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ripping & Tinking

Well today didn't quite go like I'd planned.  I started this morning by cutting out the main fabrics for the Claire bag.  I started sewing the first outside pocket on and realized that I put the colored thread on the top instead of in the bobbin since I had to flip it so the wrong side was facing up.  Rip it, rip it, rip it.  I took it as a sign that maybe I'd used up all my sewing time yesterday, so I went downstairs to knit. 

I had just started shaping the armholes on Friday.  Yep, after 9 rows I realized that I was supposed to decrease on both sides, not just one side.  (Note to self:  read the instructions thoroughly next time!)  So, I tinked (knited spelled backwards) the rows out and 3 hours later, I had two rows re-knit. 

Oh and I almost burned the pizza that I had for lunch.  It got a little dark, but not a total loss.  I'm a little worried about trying a new recipe for supper.  I'm hoping for the best.  If nothing else we'll run into town and get Subway or McDonalds.  ;0)

So not as productive as yesterday, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

On a good note, the Brewers finally won a game!!!

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh no!! I'm glad that you were able to rip everything out successfully though. How was dinner? Did you make the casserole?