Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slow Sunday

I was awaken at 2 a.m. this morning from yet another storm going through.  (It didn't help that I first went to sleep around midnight.)  I checked  the TV to see what the weatherman had to say and it was weakening as it got closer to us, just lots of thunder and lightning.  Eventually I fell back asleep but then the dogs woke me up at 6:00 b/c the were hungry. 

With the lack of sleep, I didn't have too much motivation today but did manage to make a little more progress on the Memorial Day QOV.  Eight more "B" blocks to go.


We also went over by the neighbor to talk about our upcoming combined 4th of July party.  While I was there I put 7 pieces in their puzzle.  Their DIL found a puzzle at a garage sale for them...basically, a needle in a needle stack.  The entire puzzle is needles.  There is one hooked needle, otherwise they're all straight needles.  It's crazy, and the picture on the box doesn't show the entire puzzle which makes it even more difficult.  They've been working on this puzzle for close to a month and it's not even halfway done.  Their goal is to get 5 pieces in each day so I was happy to have gotten 7 in, even though it probably took an hour to get those 7 pieces in.

2 comments:

Lori said...

seems like all it does this year is storm and rain. you're NEVER going to get a full nights sleep.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I love puzzles! Good for you for getting 7!!

And your blocks are looking fantastic!!