Saturday, July 17, 2010

#?*! & Some Progress

I actually slept in this morning!  Then I had some errands, so I got in the sauna sewing room pretty late.  I pieced the last couple blocks for the Morning Splash border and when I went to see if it would fit.....it was too short...like 1/2 inch!  I couldn't believe it, everything had been going together so well, I thought it would all come together nicely. 

So I decided to walk away for a little bit and go on the treadmill.  While on the treadmill, Sonny brought over one of his hedgehogs for me to throw.  The first couple I threw behind me, then the last one I threw towards my couch, where my laptop and a soda can was sitting.  Yep, you guessed it.  You'd think I would know better, especially after Judy and Jill have posted about spilling soda on their keyboards.  As soon as the hedgehog left my hand I knew exactly what it was going to hit (the can) and where it (the soda) was going to land (on the keyboard of my laptop).  I wiped it off as best I could in between the keys and did a file backup just in case.  There are a couple keys that kinda stick, but I'll live with it as long as that's all that is "wrong".

After the shock of my stupidity, I decided to tackle sewing on the pieced border.  I had to do a little bit of finessing to make it fit, but it's on.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do all 8 borders since I might run out of black fabric, but there will be at least two more borders added.  I almost broke my needle two times by not getting my pin out of the way in time.

Here's Sonny walking through my photo shoot.....


...on his way to lie down in front of the duct grate which blasts the A/C on him.


Without further ado, Morning Splash with 3 borders.


I think the rest of the day will be spent watching programs on the DVR and flipping through some magazines (where I can't get into trouble).  Tomorrow I'll attach the 4th and 5th borders and maybe work on Washington Medallion Step #2.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OH no!!!! You need to get that laptop to a computer guy QUICK!!! If it's under warranty, get it fixed ASAP!!

From what the guy told me when he replaced my motherboard after I got mine back from Dell, generally any spill will affect the innards of the laptop. And the spill on the keyboard will just get stickier and stickier! I tried to just deal, BUT the processing kept getting slower and slower. It's not good! But if you can get it looked at, you should be good with your hard drive and not lose anything from a crash or something like that.

GOOD LUCK!!!