Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals

Happy New Year! I have some goals that carried over from 2013 but also some new ones.
  • Knitting:
    • Only order yarn when I'm ready to swatch or start for a new project. 
    • Knit with yarn other than Madelinetosh. 
    • Knit with older stash.
    • Knit from Ravelry queue.
    • Do not order more of other brand yarn until I've knit with it to see if I like it.
    • Knit (use/destash) at least 11,000 yards.
  • Quilting:
    • Finish Washington Medallion quilt top
    • Quilt at least 1 top
  • Reading:
    • Read more, both kindle and paper
  • Health:
    • Cut back on soda and cake/cookies/ice cream
    • Get back to smaller portions
    • Continue exercising
Wishing you a happy, health and prosperous 2014!

3 comments:

Regina said...

Looks like good goals!

Amy said...

:) LOVE the knitting goals, now that I'm a sucker for anything crochet!

Question -- how do you track the yards you've knitted? Do you wait until done with a skein/ball and then record it? Since my yarn stash is building (and will most likely get as bad as my fabric purchases) ;), I'm thinking of keeping track of what I buy/use.

HAPPPPPPPY 2014!!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Very ambitious goals! I realized today that I did not do enough sewing for myself. Sigh... :)