Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Goals - How Did I Do?

Below are the goals I posted on January 1st this year. This year has been such a whirlwind, I don't think I ever looked back at this throughout the year to evaluate how I was doing.  Some items will be carried over to 2015.
  • Knitting:
    • Only order yarn when I'm ready to swatch or start for a new project. I started out the year good, but the second half was a major fail.
    • Knit with yarn other than Madelinetosh. Success! 1 of my 17 projects this year was knit with Madelinetosh.
    • Knit with older stash. Fail. The first couple projects were with older stash but the rest was new yarn bought for that specific project so at least it was used right after I bought it.
    • Knit from Ravelry queue. Another fail. I think 3 of the 17 projects had been in my queue prior to the beginning of the year. This was partially due to Camp Loopy, ESK challenges, and Loopy Academy project requirements. This year should be better.
    • Do not order more of other brand yarn until I've knit with it to see if I like it. I did pretty good with this, although there is room for improvement.
    • Knit (use/destash) at least 11,000 yards. I was close - ended up using 9,621.
  • Quilting: - FAIL, no quilting at all
    • Finish Washington Medallion quilt top
    • Quilt at least 1 top
  • Reading: - Success - read 37 books
    • Read more, both kindle and paper
  • Health: FAIL - definitely a priority for 2015
    • Cut back on soda and cake/cookies/ice cream
    • Get back to smaller portions
    • Continue exercising

No comments: