Friday, January 16, 2015

On the Needles - 1/16/15

Blue Sand it coming along nicely. I ended up using both contrast colors in the last contrast section. It looks alright but in hindsight, I'm thinking it would have looked better with one stripe of the main color before and after the blue to make it stand out more. I'm not ripping so it's staying the way it is. I have a couple more rows before the short row section starts, so I took a little break from this. Once I start the short rows, I will need to be focused with no hubby or doggie interruptions.


So for mindless knitting, I cast on the Ariosa Broken Rib Cowl using Madelinetosh Chunky yarn in Hosta Blue. Only 6.5 inches left to go. Very easy pattern - easy to memorize. This will qualify for the Eat.Sleep.Knit Yarnathon - Chunky KAL.


Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Looks awesome. Love them both. I will start a sweater/cardigan one of these days for me.

Paula, the quilter said...

That looks like a really nice cowl. I had to go the Ravelry to look it up.