Friday, January 9, 2015

On the Needles - 1/9/15

There now are three stripes on my Blue Sand. I have one more row to knit and then I can change back to Dust Bowl for the next stripe.

I don't know where my brain is at lately, but I had to rip back the cast on because I used the wrong color and needle size. Now I just realized I mixed up the two contrast colors. I only have one skein of the Bloomsbury (blue) so I won't have enough for another sections plus sleeves. So rather than ordering more yarn, now I'm thinking of using both contrast colors for the last section to make blues stripes. Hopefully it won't look too weird.


Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Looking good! I think you can play around with the color placement and still get a fabulous sweater, that pattern seems pretty forgiving.

straythreads said...

you need to think of yourself as a designer and no matter how the colors stripe it was planned and you designed it. Thats what I always say about my mismatched quilt backs. a little off it looks like a mistake way off its design!! If I run out of yarn in the bind off and have to find something real close to finish I don't tell anyone.
stay warm

Dar said...

I agree with straythreads. You are a designer and whatever it ends up being, 'that was the way YOU designed it".! Your progress looks good.

Anonymous said...

Love your color combination!

Judy S. said...

I love brown and blue together in any configuration! That is such a nice pattern!