Sunday, February 8, 2015

On the Needles - 2/8/15

I'm still working on my Blue Sand cardigan. It's getting kind of heavy to hold so I've been alternating between working on it and other smaller projects. The hem and pocket linings are complete. Next up is the neckband.



The new Loopy Academy assignments came out last week. Since the yardage requirements are still fairly small, I decided to "attend" second semester. On Wednesday, I cast on for the first assignment - slipped stitches. I'm making another honey cowl. The yarn is Fibrestory CORE DK in the Lagoon colorway. The yarn is very soft but also slippery. I've almost dropped stitches a couple of times.



I'm over halfway with the first skein which would be enough to meet the yardage requirements, but I wanted to make it longer so I still have a ways to go.

Once I finish the honey cowl, I plan on casting on for the ESK felted KAL. (Loopy Academy also has a felted project assignment.) I've never felted anything before so this should be interesting. For the ESK KAL, I'm making a wine carrier bag. For Loopy Academy, I'm going to make Angela's Fabulous Felted Bag to carry groceries, yarn projects, or whatever. That's the plan anyway.

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.


No comments: