Friday, January 27, 2017

On My Needles - 1/27/17

Oops, falling behind on blogging again. Since my last post, I completed a hat.  The pattern is The Way You Wear Your Hat and the yarn is Madelinetosh DK in Helen (an ESK exclusive colorway from 2015).



Since then I've started, ripped, re-started, ripped, repeat for My Cryptonite.

Originally I was planning on using these three colors for My Cryptonite, but there was too much contrast between the cream and the grey (in my opinion).  Rip.


After ordering a lighter grey, I cast on again but with a smaller needle. I didn't like how that was knitting so I ripped it again.  I went up a needle size but I'm knitting too tight at the beginning of the rows and it is curling.


There is an option to add a yarnover at the beginning of the row to make the edges more stretchy which I will try. This morning I ripped it out and cast on hopefully for the last time.

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.


3 comments:

straythreads said...

love the way the yarn pooled in the hat
have a great weekend

Mary said...

Love the hat. Great colors for your Cryptonite.

Dar said...

Great hat and the yarn is so pretty. I feel for you for having to rip and start over so many times on the next project. Hopefully you've found the secret size needles.