Saturday, October 10, 2009

Show 'N Tell - 10/10

We've skipped fall and gone right to winter! I can't believe we have flurries today!!! Yuck! But on a bright note, look at my bright red tree and the little orangish one! I absolutely love them. Hopefully in spring we'll get more planted.

After finishing my hat (which hubby thought it was for the Travelocity gnome...grrrr), I was going to start on a sweater. That was until I realized that I wasn't doing the ribbing right. So I began to play which has turned into this. I goofed up the third row, but now have gotten into a rhythm. I'm planning on making it into a scarf. I'm liking it!

I decided today I had to get some quilting done too. Last night I got the batting ready and bobbins wound so I could get going first thing this morning. So I finally got my Voyager going and we zipped this top out in record time. Of course the boys had to help me out. Here's Riley lying right in front of the frame....reminding me when I was almost to the end. Now to get the binding made.

1 comment:

Lady Beekeeper said...

YOur yarn work is already starting to look professional! You are really coming along - I am so impressed.

Riley is adorable. He looks like my Evelyn in that picture!

Is that your backyard? How much land do you have? Way too early for winter but I know you guys are tough up there. But too scary to think of!