Saturday, February 6, 2010

Seroogy's Valentine Run/Walk

This morning hubby and I ran and walked/slogged (slow jogged), respectively, in the Seroogy's Valentine 5K Run/Walk in De Pere (near Green Bay).  Seroogy's is our local Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory!   When we left home, it was snowing and blowing (10-20 mph).  By the time we got to De Pere at least it wasn't snowing.  At the start of the race it was 17 degrees and the first mile was directly into the wind....it sure was refreshing!  Hubby finished in just over 23 minutes and was second in his age group.  I have to wait until they post the official results, but I think I finished in 42 minutes and something, which I was shooting for 45 minutes so I was happy.  I ended up walking the majority of the course because with it being so cold, I found it difficult to breathe in the cold air when I slogged.  Each person who entered received a long sleeve t-shirt, a piece of meltaway chocolate and cheese.  Notice in the picture that one piece of chocolate is missing...hubby already ate his. 

I noticed that there was a yarn shop, Loops and Links, a couple blocks from the Seroogy store so while hubby was waiting for the 5K awards ceremony to start, I walked a couple blocks to check it out.  I decided to reward myself and bought 3 skeins of yarn, one for each mile I went.  I had to get the On Your Toes pink yarn since it was the Valentine's Day Run/Walk.  You should have seen the other yarn from On Your Toes, you need sunglasses to look at them...they were BRIGHT!  The two from Plymouth Yarn are the same design, just different colorways.  The owner was very friendly. I'll definitely be stopping back the next time I'm in the area.

Now it's time to hang out on the couch, check email and blogs, work on my sock homework, and maybe (OK, probably) take in a little nap.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate!!! AND the pick yarn! YUMMY!!!! Hope you enjoyed the nap!