Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 6 Stash Report

This was a busy week so not much quilty time.  Last Sunday I did piece the backing for Baby Here, loaded it on the frame and quilted it (which is big for me to quilt 2 tops in one weekend).  I did get some knitting time in though since I knit on my sweater during lunch and then I also had my toe up sock class.  The sock is coming along nicely if I do say so myself.

Without further ado, I used 4 yards for the Baby Here backing, but I added 3 yards because my monthly FQ club package arrived.  And as my reward for doing the 5K yesterday, I bought 3 more skeins of sock yarn, plus I also received some lovely yarn from Jill for a Valentine swap.  I think yarn is taking place of buying fabric.  Eeeekkk!

Here are my numbers:

~ Fabric Used this Week: 4 yards
~ Fabric Used YTD: 23.50 yards

~ Fabric Added this Week: 3.00 yards
~ Fabric Added YTD: 13.50 yards

~ Net Usage: +10.00 yards

Go to Judy’s blog and see how everyone else did this week.  Remember next weekend is another quiltathon!

Goals for the Week:

~ Bind Square Dance
~ Bind Baby Here
~ Piece another backing, load on frame & quilt another top
~ Work on Morning Splash (Judy's quilt-along)
~ Work on BOM blocks (Cobblestone Lane-Month 3-finish piecing; Apple Cider Medallion-2 mos.- cut)
~ Continue knitting the foot of my sock (my homework is to complete the foot so we can learn the heel at our next class)

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great post with good numbers, Amy!

Barb in Mi said...

Great job - stash and fitness wise. Just got back from a 5k myself - and am thinking rewards as well... We'll see.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great work!! And I'm ready for the quilt-a-thon!!! Is it a work weekend for your hubby?

Unknown said...

Did you take any pics of the quilts on the frame?

Anonymous said...

Great stashbusting! And I think a 5K definitely deserves a reward. I agree sock yarn is as addictive as lovely fabric. I'm awaiting a box of many sock lovelies from The Loopy Ewe. Good thing I didn't realize I had to do a 5K prior to ordering or I'd never be receiving them. :-)

Lori in South Dakota said...

You've been busy! I will be curious how you like sock knitting. I watch everyone doing it, but I'm not catching that sox pox!!

the writer said...

I'll be watching for the sock progress. . .I've purchased some sock yarn but I just haven't been bitten by the bug yet. . so by the time I get to it I may end up using it for something else. he he he

I'm impressed with the 5K completion. . .and definitely agree that a reward was required.