Friday, December 27, 2013

On the Needles - 12/27/13

I hope everyone (who celebrates it) had a great Christmas. This week I am working on re-knitting the buttonband on Charleston Tea. I had knit it once but must not have picked up enough stitches because the buttonband was pulling everything upwards.

The pictures below are from the first buttonband. I have the hem rolled up but that was really wonky and the band around the hood was really pulling too instead of being relaxed.



This has been sitting around since March so I'd really like to get it completed before I start on something new.

Visit Judy's blog to see what others have on their needles.

8 comments:

Regina said...

love the detail down the back on this one! Gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

Your sweater is beautiful.

Maggie said...

Lovely sweater!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Beautiful! I have been thinking about what I want to knit in 2014 and am considering a "hoodie". Love your version. Cheers! Evely

Beth said...

Beautiful detail and looks so nice on.

Judy D in AZ said...

Thanks for sharing-your sweater looks good. I hope it is no trouble to reknit the tight parts.

I looked at the pattern page on Ravelry and was pleased to see that it is knit from the neck down. I don't particularly like to wear hoodies but I think this is a great pattern that would also look good with a ribbed neckline.

Shari said...

What a lovely sweater. Kudos to you for knitting larger projects...I'm personally much better at completing smaller ones. Maybe one day I can complete something like this. Very pretty!

straythreads said...

WOW great sweater it is beautiful!!