Friday, October 17, 2014

Yarn Report - Week Ending 10/17/14

I squirreled away some more yarn this week. The other week I saw a blog post about a DK weight yarn from a designer that I'd never heard of before, Knitted Wit. The up-close pictures of the yarn looked gorgeous so I decided to order some for Carabe. I bought some Victory DK from the online store Twisted. Let me tell you, I think this is going to be one of my favorite yarns. Right after it arrived I swatched to see if I could get gauge. The stitch definition was beautiful and it has a nice twist and it is "sproing-alicious" (that's how the designer describes it).


After the yarn above came, I also may have gone directly to the designer's Etsy site and ordered more for some other sweater patterns. (Yahoo, it shipped today!) What I love about her Etsy site is that you choose the colorway and then you can choose the weight and quantity. Otherwise you know how it goes, they have the right color but in the wrong weight or the right color and weight but then not enough skeins available.

My other purchase was a sweater quantity of Madelinetosh DK Twist in a new colorway, Resin. I can't decide if I like it or not. One minute it looks too brown (for me), then when I look at it again, it's a nice brownish-orange. It doesn't help that it's difficult to photo either. This is what the shop's picture looked like.


Used this Week: 0 yards
Used/Destashed To Date: 8,112 yards

Added this Week: 3,180 yards
Added To Date: 32,293 yards

Net Used/Destashed: (24,181) yards


Visit Judy's blog to other yarn reports.

No comments: