Sunday, January 6, 2019

ESK 2019 Yarnathon

As I predicted, my proposed knitting projects for 2019 has changed now that the Eat.Sleep.Knit 2019 Yarnathon KALs and badges have been posted.  This year the theme is Travel Around the 
World.  I am on Team Elephelt.  So much for my stashbusting this year, Day 1 I placed an order for several of this year's exclusive yarnathon colors. 

Q1 KAL requirement is to knit any pattern by designer Ambah O'Brien. I cast on the Mendia Hat using yarn I had in my stash. 

I had started the ribbing and had to take dog #1 out.  When I came back in, hubby told me dog #2 apparently didn't like how my knitting looked and made his own mark on it.


I ripped it out, got new needles, and started over. Now I make sure to put it away/zip up my project bag if I walk away from it.


To get the maximum stars for the KAL, I need to knit a minimum of 2001 yards.  My current plans are to knit the following:
  1. Mendia Hat (stash yarn) - ~220 yards
  2. Jacinta Shawl (stash yarn) - ~750 yards
  3. Miso (stash yarn) - ~ 840 yards
  4. ?
Happy Knitting!

No comments: