Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 2 Stash Report

It was a great week! I finished my first quilt for the year and didn't buy any fabric. I was tempted to buy some Animas (Jackie Robinson) patterns that were on sale but decided I have enough patterns to keep me busy right now. I also thought about buying Moda's new Tradition (Collection for a Cause) fabric line. I like the fabric and the proceeds go to Unicef, but I'm just not sure what I'd do with them so for now I'll hold off.

For the good part, I used 8 yards this week....4 yards for backing and binding on Rambling Rose, 0.5 yards for block party blocks, and gifted 3.5 yards to my niece.

My numbers to date:
  • Fabric Added: 0 yards
  • Fabric Added to Date: 6 yards
  • Fabric Used: 8 yards
  • Fabric Used to Date: 15.5 yards
  • Net Used: +9.5 yards
Week 3 begins today so going with my plan, this week I'll work on a project on my current or waiting line lists. First I'm going to work on the first two blocks for Apple Cider Medallion since they came yesterday and Jennifer's block party blocks, and then start on Diamond Jubilee. This project was in the Quilts in Style magazines in 2006 so it's been waiting a while for me to start. I was going through all of the stuff I have for it and realized that two of the magazines are MIA. I know I have them but the question is where?!?! I'm guessing they're in the closet somewhere, but I guess I should find them first. So that's my week at a glance.

It's suppose to get bitterly cold this week. Hubby is trying to figure how to get the geese and duck into a pen in the garage. The geese shouldn't be too difficult because they can't fly, but the duck can.

Stay warm!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

hmmmm....where could they be? Good luck in your search.

Susan In Texas said...

What a great idea to keep track of your stash usage for the year! I think I might do that too. Fortunately I've only made one purchase so far, and haven't done very much quilting yet this year, so it should be easy to start keeping track.

By the way, your dogs are just beautiful. We used to have three dogs down here in Fort Worth, including one super-sized Saint Bernard, but they're all in doggy heaven now. We are currently pet free, which allows us to travel much more easily.

I've joined the One Project a Month challenge also, and finally got started on January's project today. I'm hoping the challenge will get me to finish 12 projects that would otherwise have languished for another year in the closet.

I see you're in Wisconsin. I'm originally from Green Bay and we were up there for Christmas. So much snow! I don't mind the cold and snow, but I hate how early it gets dark!

Take care,
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

Lori in South Dakota said...

beside the bed? in your travel bag? That is where my magazines hide. Good luck!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Susan, I couldn't reply to your post so I'm posting it here....

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Believe me I don't like the short daylight days either. I'm really getting tired of snow too!

Good luck on the challenge!