Saturday, January 9, 2021

Eat Sleep Knit Yarnathon 2021

A new year means a new yarnathon at Eat.Sleep.Knit, which is taking a stroll through Woolville.  The teams are Fiber Flock (a Flamingo, which I'm on), Yarnadillos (Armadillos), SelfStripers (Zebra), and Stash Bandits (Raccoons).  I was tempted to request a transfer to the Stash Bandits because I have plenty of stash, but decided to stay with the team I was given.

This year they have renamed the "a-longs" to Craft-a-longs to more inclusive of knitters and crocheters.  There still are Booster Club badges to help people earn yardage. I will be relying on these a lot since I hope to use mostly stash yarn this year. Last year I lost my knitting mojo so I did not knit much. I still have lotto tickets that need to be sent in which will help me move through the yarnathon.  We will see next Monday what kind of weekly game (puzzle/trivia, etc.) there will be to earn even more yardage.

I have a hat which was started last year that I hope to complete first.

No comments: